Superior Equipment – Authorized Dealer
CHASSIS MOUNTED BROOM SWEEPER
A BIG SWEEPER in a small frame. Equally effective cleaning millings to heavy duty street sweeping.
NO CDL REQUIRED.
HIGHLY MANEUVERABLE (like 3 wheel sweeper) – Cab over chassis and short wheel base ensures tight turns in traffic and cul-de-sacs.
Travel between jobsites at highway speeds (65 mph).
3RD ELEVATOR IDLER SHAFT vastly improves elevator service life and slashes routine maintenance costs.
10’ sweeping path, 4 cubic yard hopper and up to 10’ dump height.
PM 10 Certified
STARFIRE S-4 BROOM SWEEPER HIGHLIGHTS
• Tight turning radius provides excellent maneuverability in both congested areas and narrow streets/alleyways/cul-de-sacs.
• Excellent OPERATOR VISIBILITY ensures safer operation. Forward view from operator position to ground is less than 36”.
• NO CDL REQUIRED. The S-4 also travels at highway speeds making drives between job sites or disposal areas fast and economical.
• 3rd elevator idler shaft located in center of elevator assembly ensures just the right amount of chain tension. This reduces the frequency of routine (yet costly/time consuming) adjustments and greatly increases elevator component life expectancy. It also prevents clogging by providing unrestricted debris travel to the hopper.
• Large 4 cubic yard hopper dumps from frame to 10 feet on operator’s side for safer operation.
• Longer reach 44” hopper door ensures more efficient debris disposal and even/stable loading of disposal vehicles. Longer reach eliminates need for hopper shifting which can cause stability issues.
• Low overall machine height (less than 8.5’ with strobe light) ensures the S-4 can effectively navigate tree lined streets with ease.
• Spring balanced gutter brooms apply the right amount of constant surface pressure. NO NEED for costly and maintenance intensive hydraulics or pneumatics components. Spring loaded broom lasts longer and requires little maintenance. Eliminates need for operator judgments.
• Standard side broom TILT CONTROLS (in cab) ensure easy broom adjustments to more effectively clean odd shaped, hard-to-reach curb cutters. This ensures better one-pass cleaning performance.
• DUST FREE SWEEPING provided by 3.6 GPM electric diaphragm pump drawing from a 200 gallon polyethylene water tank enclosed in a protective steel chamber.
• THREE separate DUST SUPPRESSION CONTROL POINTS allow operator to focus on critical dust generation areas and ensure maximum dust free sweeping performance.
1. 2 spray nozzles over each curb broom
2. 4 front bumper mounted spray nozzles
3. 4 stray nozzles on main broom
• One-Touch Sweeping and auto pick-up in reserve enhances operations.
DURABILITY AND LOWER COST OF OWNERSHIP
• The S-4’s exclusive quad (4) scissor lift design equally distributes lifting force to all four corners of both the hopper and chassis frame. This ensures better load stability when dumping sticky or unbalanced hopper loads. Two additional scissors eliminate the risk that the hopper assembly could bend or twist due to load imbalance or hydraulic issues.
• Elevator hydraulically driven through a chain and sprocket system. Unlike direct drive alternatives, this system protects the hydraulic motor from shocks and jarring impacts common during operation. A chain and sprocket design also allows for a more robust mounting system including a 4 bolt, 2” diameter flange bearing. This ensures longer service life and reduces the risk of mechanical failure during critical operations.
• Over-sized Kubota auxiliary (47Hp) turbo-diesel engine provides more than sufficient power at minimum operating speed. Engine has high temperature/low oil pressure auto shutdown.
• OVERSIZED 45 gallon hydraulic reservoir ensures maximum performance and minimalizes overheating risks.
• LED lighting produces greater illumination while consuming two thirds less power than incandescent bulbs.
• Wear component part numbers etched in the metal for easier identification.
EASE OF OPERATION & OPERATOR SAFETY
• All operating controls conveniently located in cab (including hopper dump).
• Intuitive/dependable rocker switches control all sweeper hydraulic functions.
• “EYES FORWARD” color camera safety system keeps operator facing forward versus constantly diverting attention to rear view mirrors. Dash board mounted 7” COLOR MONITOR (positioned slightly to right of operator’s forward view) provides operator with clear view of right side broom and rear bumper.
• All Stewart-Amos sweepers are designed for ease of maintenance and serviceability with interchangeable parts. All sweeping components are the same part number on both sides of the unit. All hydraulic motors are the same.
• Fast and easy access hydrant filling hose (20’) with 4” air gap puts unit back into operation faster.
• Back-up alarm is standard equipment.
• ALL LED LIGHTING means never a bad bulb. Provides greater assurance your units is operating safely and legally.
• All components are enclosed in protective and lockable steel housings. This protects components from the elements, vandalism and falling/passing tree limbs.