Superior Equipment – Authorized Dealer
CHASSIS MOUNTED BROOM SWEEPER
Built to tackle the MOST SEVERE ENVIRONMENTS.
Available in single and dual engine designs.
PM – 10 Certified
Variable dump to 12’2”, 5 cubic yard hopper, up to 11’ cleaning path.
53” hopper door ensures safe, efficient debris disposal.
3RD ELEVATOR IDLER SHAFT vastly improves elevator service life and slashes routine maintenance costs.
STARFIRE S-5 BROOM SWEEPER HIGHLIGHTS
• Large 5 cubic yard capacity debris hopper.
• In-cab controlled variable sweeping path up to 10’ maximizes sweeping coverage. 11’ path is optional.
• 3rd elevator idler shaft located in center of elevator assembly ensures just the right amount of chain tension. This reduces the frequency of routine (yet costly/time consuming) adjustments and greatly increases elevator component life expectancy. It also prevents clogging by providing unrestricted debris travel to the hopper.
• Longer reach 53” hopper door ensures more efficient debris disposal and even/stable loading of disposal vehicles. Longer reach eliminates need for hopper shifting which can cause stability issues.
• Spring balanced gutter brooms apply the right amount of constant surface pressure without the need for additional hydraulics. Spring loaded brooms last longer and require little maintenance. Hydraulic down pressure and gutter broom speed control available on single engine version.
• Standard equipment side broom TILT CONTROLS (in cab) ensure easy broom adjustments to more effectively clean odd shaped, hard-to-reach curb cutters while ensuring better one-pass performance.
• DUST FREE SWEEPING provided by 3.6 GPM electric diaphragm pump drawing from a 350 gallon polyethylene water tank enclosed in a protective steel chamber.
• THREE separate DUST SUPPRESSION CONTROL POINTS allow operator to focus on critical dust generation areas and ensure maximum dust free sweeping performance.
1. 2 spray nozzles over each curb broom
2. 4 front bumper mounted spray nozzles
3. 4 stray nozzles on main broom
• PM-10 certified.
• One-Touch Sweeping and auto pick-up in reserve enhances operations.
DURABILITY AND LOWER COST OF OWNERSHIP
• The S-5’s exclusive quad (4) scissor lift design equally distributes lifting force to all four corners of both the hopper and chassis frame. This ensures better load stability when dumping sticky or unbalanced hopper loads up to 12’2”. Two additional scissors eliminate the risk that the hopper assembly could bend or twist due to load imbalance or hydraulic issues.
• Elevator hydraulically driven through a chain and sprocket drive system. Unlike direct drive alternatives, this system better protects the hydraulic motor from shocks and jarring impacts common during operation. A chain and sprocket design also allows for a more robust mounting system including a 4 bolt flange bearing of 2” diameter. All of this ensures longer service life and reduces the risk of mechanical failure during critical operations.
• The S-5t (twin engine) has an over-sized Kubota auxiliary (47Hp) turbo-diesel engine which provides more than sufficient power at minimum operating speed. Easier the work load equals longer service life.
• Auxiliary engine (S-5t) has auto shutdown in event of high temperature/low oil pressure.
• OVERSIZED 45 gallon hydraulic reservoir ensures maximum performance and minimalizes overheating risks.
• LED lighting consumes approximately two thirds less power than incandescent bulbs and minimizes battery power draw.
• Wear component part numbers etched in the metal for easier identification.
EASE OF OPERATION & OPERATOR SAFETY
• All operating controls conveniently located in cab (including hopper dump).
• Intuitive/dependable rocker switches control all sweeper hydraulic functions.
• “EYES FORWARD” color camera safety system keeps operator facing on traffic/road ahead versus constantly diverting attention to rear view mirrors. Dash board mounted 7” COLOR MONITOR (positioned slightly to right of operator’s forward view) provides operator with clear view of right side broom and rear bumper.
• All Stewart-Amos sweepers are designed for ease of maintenance and serviceability with interchangeable parts. All sweeping components are the same part number on both sides of the unit. All hydraulic motors are the same.
• Fast and easy access hydrant filling hose (20’) with 4” air gap puts unit back into operation faster.
• Back-up alarm is standard equipment.
• Hi-visibility 8” convex mirror on each west coast style chassis mirror
• ALL LED LIGHTING means never a bad bulb. Provides greater assurance your units is operating safely and legally.
• All components enclosed in protective and lockable steel housings. Protects components from the elements, vandalism and passing/falling tree limbs.